Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Playhouse


As I have already stated in my last post that nowadays I’m very much into rabindrasangeet. A few days back I downloaded the song “Khelaghar bandhte legechi”.  Now, I downloaded it obviously because I like it. And I’m listening to it everyday sometimes may be four to five times a day. Every time I listen to it I get mesmerized by the lyrics. Now, for me it is the lyrics of a song which first strikes a chord in my heart.  There is another reason why I like Rabindrasangeet. As it is I’ve always been moved by Tagore’s writings. They definitely leave a profound impact on the mind.
    I personally feel that Tagore has always portrayed feelings with a magical wand. Everyone who has read Tagore would definitely agree that he gave words to feelings very common to us but extremely difficult to express. Now the same thing goes for his songs. They make you think as sometimes you instantly connect with a particular song or maybe a single line and think that it has been actually written for you.
              This particular song I’m talking about is unique in its own way but actually it speaks of something very common. ‘Khelaghar’ or a playhouse is something very dear to everybody’s heart. We all build up khelaghar in our minds. And as we know it, mind travels faster than time.  Each one of us loves  to daydream and many of us do not do that consciously. It just happens because at the end of the day we all dream of happiness, success, love.  But that particular ‘khelaghar’ is very personal. Nobody wants to share it with anybody. We all have a nascent inner self which sometimes wakes up to let us now things we actually love but try to run away from in our everyday life.
       In five minutes time one can view and review one’s future self, something that each one of us actually do. We love to think about our future not in terms of the adversaries which are to be faced, but in terms of happiness which is due.  This song made me feel that since we are leading such a fast life, we should actually try to give a little more time to ourselves to find our very own self which is getting lost and most of us do not even know ourselves properly. We should give some time to build up our own ‘khelaghar’ because very few things in life are priceless.
     So, the song “Khelaghar bandhte legechi, amar moner bhitore…..” will live on to help people drem.

2 comments:

  1. can u put its lyrics here? desperately looking for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Very well articulated .

    ReplyDelete