Wednesday, September 5, 2012

You've gotta be Yourself

              Since last few weeks I'm much more into Rabindrasangeet than I was ever before. Well, that does not mean I'm listening to it all the time, actually I'm hardly doing so to tell the truth. But yes, I am listening to a few songs again and again. Now, as I proclaim frankly, I'm not at all a music-lover in the true sense of the term. I love music in my own way. Does loving something means you have to follow the path which other people do to profess their love? No, I'm staunchly against that. 
                 Music for me is something to tune into when I want to listen to it, not a stress-buster. Actually I have never tried to use it in that sense. When I'm stressed out, I just sit like that doing nothing or maybe pacing up and down the room or follow the dictum "walk when you talk". I used to take lessons in music since my early childhood, 4yrs I think but never found any interest in practicing so obviously it could not take me anywhere. I went there just to listen to my teacher's mesmerizing voice and to talk to my fellow companions.Then as time would have it, I stopped taking lessons because my parents found it useless and it was really so. But, my mother always did try to coax me into pursuing it again as she badly wanted her daughter to sing. Alas, I being the adamant daughter always wanted to do things I found interesting which to tell the truth meant doing nothing.
                     Gradually as I grew up, I found some songs touching a different note in my heart and I started listening to them again and again. Now, this is exactly what I do when I like a particular song. I listen to it for quite a few days over and over again, get bored an then forget it. After few days or maybe months, I am suddenly remembered of that song or maybe a particular line which goes with my the then situation and I again get back to it.
                   This is how I am and this is how I show my love for music. Sometimes it is just sound to me and sometimes I spend a whole day humming a particular tune or scribbling a particular line from a song that rules my heart at that time. I sometimes used to feel that maybe I'm not worthy enough to get the title of music-lover but then it occurred to me that there is no harm in showing love in your own way since as history goes, love has never followed a common path. It has always been unique in its own way. Being yourself is always not that bad, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment